Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A few more cards

Hello! I have finally gotten around to photographing a couple of the cards I've made lately, and I thought I would post them.
First up is a card using my new chevron dies from Papertrey. I cut chevrons out of several different patterned papers and glued them to a piece of white cardstock. Then I cut the chevrons apart into strips for accents on my cards. This card uses Wise Owl - a Papertrey stamp set, My Minds Eye papers, and glossy accents on the owl's eyes and belly. :)  Hope you enjoy it!

The next card is a result of playing with glitter. :) I was trying to recreate JJ Bolton's card here, only using brighter colors. It was alot of work, and every time I look at it, I end up getting glitter on myself. So when I was at Michaels the other day, I picked up some glitter paper, and cut rainbows out of each color. I have enough "bows" to make several more rainbows now! This was alot less messy than the actual glitter, although it's not quite the sparkle. I used My Mind's Eye papers, Papertrey cloud dies and vintage cream felt, a sentiment from Papertrey's Movers and Shakers Sentiments set, and My Favorite Things rainbow die.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment