Monday, June 27, 2011

PTI Make It Monday & Online Card Camp Week 1

Hello! I was able to create a card today to combine two different challenges. Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge was a Polaroid 2 step masking technique where you create a mask and them stamp inside it and outside of it (kind of).

I also signed up for the Online Card Camp taught by Jennifer McGuire and Krista Werner. It's four weeks during the summer of fun cardmaking - getting you out of your comfort zone (at least mine) by using different color combos and different techniques. This is week one of the camp. Here is the color challenge for this week:
Here is my card for both challenges. I used the color combo for the online card camp and the masking technique from Papertrey.
 Here is the mask I used. First I cut the numbers (PTI Numbers dies) out of the square. Then I sponged the empty numbers in the mask (had to make sure I taped down the little triangle in the 4). Then I taped just the numbers over the numbers I had just sponged, and stamped the polkadots from PTI BB Polkadots2. Then I put the mask back on and sponged the edges. Make sense? I then added some bling in the form of glitter on the pink edges and rhinestones on each of the numbers. I think this would make a cute birthday card for someone.
I enjoyed learning this new technique from PTI and the color inspiration and examples from the online card camp. Can't wait for next week! Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Great use of color for the challenge! Love the bling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when one card holds for multiple challenges? I love your sparkle frame on this card!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!
    Love how you used the color combo...
    I'm stumped :0
    And the masking is fabby!
    I would never be brave enough to attempt that 4!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is super cute. Your technique sounds complicated, but the end result is super. I really like how your bling count matches each number. I think some small person would really enjoy this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, love it.
    Love me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, I like the choice of stamps, those numbers make for a neat card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty and bright card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome card! love the bling, glitter and design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute...I like the sparkle and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. eeeeek pure genious!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete