Saturday, August 27, 2011

PTI Bloom Builders #3 flowers

 I've been having fun making flowers with the new Papertrey Bloom Builders #3 die while sitting here at home waiting for a hurricane to make it's way up the east coast. We are on the west side of the Blue Ridge Mountains out here in Winchester, so we aren't supposed to get much. But better safe than sorry, so we're staying home. Anyway, I've been trying to experiement with some different materials with the BB#3 die.

Glitter fun foam, which cut through wonderful - 1 layer of each petal: (thought these would be really cute on a little baby's headband)

Vellum - 2 layers of each petal: love how the edges curled up all by themselves when I spraying on some glimmer mist
Cotton fabric - 2 layers of each petal: took alot of snipping to get the flowers to come out - used backing, but still wouldn't cut through all the way
Gingham patterened paper (My Mind's Eye) 2 layers of each petal:
PTI sweet blush cardstock 2 layers of each petal:
Set of 6 flowers:
I used the metal shim, standard plates and Big Shot to cut them out. On the fabric and vellum flowers, I also added a layer or two of cardstock underneath. I think I'll try felt next.... LOVE these flowers!


  1. Thanks for posting all these, They look great, and you are giving me lots of good ideas as I wait for my die to arrive.

  2. thanks for posting! i love the look of the glittered foam!

  3. I love the glitter and the vellum ones :) Beautiful flowers :)