Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Papertrey Make It Monday #35 - Making Washi Tape

Hello! It's been a long while since I've written on my blog. But I have a good reason. I'm a new grandma! My daughter Katie had a little girl on August 23rd, and I've been spending lots of time with her, and making things for her. I'll have to do some blog posts on the cute things I've been making, but for now, I'd like to share a card I made for this week's Papertrey Make It Monday. This challenge to make your own washi tape sounded like fun. I had never heard of washi tape until recently, and really hadn't much an idea what it was. But when I saw how easy Nicole made it seem to make your own, I thought I'd give it a try. All I had in my stash was 1/2" Scor tape, so I found stamps to work with it. I've been hugely in BABY mode lately, and PINK baby mode at that, so it's only natural to have pink washi tape, right? So here's my attempt at it - I just LOVE this technique!!!
I used PTI white cardstock, Scor tape 1/2", Bitty Baby Blessings, Ribbon Tails, and little labels die cut. For the tissue paper, I used regular white on the polka dot ones, and pink tissue paper on the little baby ones.  Hope you enjoy it! I certainly enjoyed making it!  Hint: if you are impatient and want to use the tape as soon as you make it, instead of waiting for it to dry - zap it with your heat gun!  :)

1 comment: