Saturday, October 29, 2011

Making cards for my quilting retreat

Hello! I wanted to share some cards I've been making for sale at a quilting retreat I'm going to next week. I made about 35 cards using a strip of patterned paper stitched onto the card front, then stamped with one of the PTI Think Big Favorite sentiments. Then I pulled out my Quilter's Sampler set and started making some specific quilt cards. Here is one of the simpler sets:
These are all Birthday cards. I used PTI white cardstock, the Quilter's Sampler stamp set, and bakers twine from The Twinery. 

Then I looked on Nicole Heady's blog at the release of the QS set, and fell in love with her miniature quilt she created with the set here. So I had to try my hand at it, given that I am a quilter. I ended up making two different sets, each card different, with 5 cards per set. Here is a sampling of them:




They are addictive! I just love making them, and think my next big project will be to make a larger one that I can frame and hang up in my quilting room. I made the miniature quilt using the directions Nicole gave in her blog. I'm charging $2 each or 6/$10 for the TBF cards, 4/$10 for the simpler quilt cards, and 5/$15 for these last miniature quilt cards. We'll see how they go.

I also took these same quilt blocks from the QS set, and scanned them in my computer to use to digitize them for machine embroidery. I recently purchased two Button-Up machines from Hope Yoder. After stitching out these designs, I made them into flatback buttons and glued them onto scissor zingers. I will sell them at the retreat also (at least I hope I will!). Here's a picture of them:
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment