Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Card Making Day 2012

Hello! I was fortunate enough to be able to sit and make cards most of today for World Cardmaking Day (can you believe there's a day for that?). Yep, the nationally recognized day is October 6th this year. So I decided to challenge myself to use non-Papertrey stamp sets today. 99.9% of my stamping supplies and sets are from Papertrey. A good friend of mine, Joan B., has lent me her stamp sets while she is in the process of moving, and I decided to try some of them out today. Most of the sets I used are from a company called "Flourishes". They make beautifully detailed clear stamps. My favorites are their floral and wreath sets.

The first few sets of cards I made are very monochromatic - they remind me of something that would be in a Pottery Barn catalog if they sold cards - nature themed, kind of trendy.
 Stamp set: Flourishes "Ferns & Fiddles", sentiment from Stampin Up, Cardstock: PTI



 This set has two of each of the above cards in it. Stamp set: Flourishes "Sunflowers", sentiment from PTI "Mega Mixed Messages", snippet of washi tape in right corner from Michaels. I decided to keep these monocromatic - ink used was Vintage Sepia from Versafine.


 These next four cards are a set and use the stamp set from Flourishes "Wreaths for All Seasons". The sentiments are also from that set, stamped on Tiny Tag die cuts from Papertrey. These first four cards were left monochromatic.







These next four cards use the same wreath set, but I colored the wreaths with watercolor pencils.






These two cards are from a Flourishes set called "Wild for Watermelon". They were fun to color. I used Copics G96, G94, YG13 for the watermelon rind, YG95, YG93, and YG91 for the leaves, and R22 and R20 for the flesh. The watermelons are stamped on Matt Stack 4&5 from PTI and the card base is the new Limeade ice from PTI.


These two cards are from Flourishes stamp sets  "Poppy Patch" and "Zinnias". Copics used for Poppy: R59, R29, R24, G99, T1, Colorless blender, and for Zinnias: T1, BG96, G94, YG13, R14, R24, R32, R35, Y35, YR24, Y15.


I felt like a got alot accomplished today! Thanks for sticking with me to the end of this loooong post!
And a very special THANKS to Joan B!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome. Gorgeous stuff here! Love those sets you are making.

    ReplyDelete