Monday, December 31, 2012

End of Year Post

Wow! I can't believe it's the last day of 2012! And I've been a very bad blogger the past month and a half. Sorry about that. I promise to do better in 2013. The holidays were busy around here - cookies to bake with the grandchildren, gingerbread houses to make, presents to buy and wrap, and hugs given all around. What a blessed time we had on Christmas Day with all three of our children and spouses, and all three grandchildren! One more granddaughter to be born in late January/early February. We are very excited about that!

One of the presents I received for Christmas was a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine.
I have been eying them for a while, trying to decide if it was something I needed. I decided to take the plunge and have been trying to learn the software and the machine this past week. A LOT TO LEARN! And I consider myself pretty computer savvy. I think the main thing is that I am so overwhelmed by the possibilities this machine presents. One of the reasons I wanted it was to cut vinyl wall art for my home. I've been reading alot about that and am just about ready to cut out "Give Thanks with a grateful heart" for my dining room. I have cut out a few 3D cards I purchased from the Silhouette Online Store that were designed by Samantha Walker. AMAZING is all I can say! This opens cardmaking to a whole new level.
Here are some pictures of a few I cut out yesterday. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to use these for yet, other than the heart card for my husband for Valentines Day.
 front of card
 inside of card (also used Papertrey Beautiful Blessings Holiday stamp set)
 shot from above so you can see the dimension
 inside of card
 inside of card from the side
 inside of the card
 from the side

Isn't the detail on them amazing? This is definitely going to be fun. Now all I need to do is to play around with the software and take a couple online classes to get the most out of this machine. The possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not so sure that I should have read your post....I've been thinking too much about that Silhouette machine, and you are not helping. Gorgeous projects--congrats on the upcoming new baby, and a happy and crafty new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Christmas card! It is so awesome! Hope you're having fun with your new toy, I mean TOOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Did you use PTI cardstock to cut? I have not been able to get my Silhouette (not a cameo) to cut designs with PTI's cardstock on a consistently good basis, so I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete