Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - 2013!

Happy New Year to you! We actually stayed up last night long enough to see the ball drop in Times Square. The only reason I can think we stayed up that late was to enjoy the nice fire we had going in the fireplace. We are WAY past all the new music - didn't actually know who half of the performers even were. :)  But anyway, here we are in 2013. I have several things I'd like to accomplish this year - some painting in the house, a quilt for my new granddaughter, organization of my craft rooms, and the typical eat better and lose weight ones. We'll see how those go. I always like to clean out my pantry and medicine cabinet on New Year's Day - pitch everything that is out of date. It always surprises me how much there is that is out of date.

I have a few cards to share with you on this first day of the year. They are made with new PTI goodies from December's release. When I received the free Funky Florals set, the starbursts in it reminded me of fireworks, so my first card is a Happy New Year card with sparkly fireworks. I used my new Cameo to cut out the Happy New Year sentiment on the front. :) See the post from yesterday to see what other fun I'm having with my new Cameo! :)

I used PTI inks Aqua Mist, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Winter Wisteria and Royal Velvet. Then I used a Quickie Glue pen to add some glue and glitter. After all, you can't have a Happy New Year's card without some glitter - right?

This next card also uses the Funky Florals stamp set. I love how bright and cherry it turned out. It's also got some sparkle. :) I used Limeade Ice and Blueberry Sky cardstock and ink, and versamark ink as well as MS glitter. Love my glitter! :)




 This last card uses the new stamp set With All My Heart, which also came out in December from PTI. I decided to use my new Limitless Layers: Hearts dies to cut a heart out of PTI Scarlett Jewell  and Vintage Cream felt. The pink heart is cut out of pink felt from my stash (can't wait until PTI comes out with Sweet Blush felt!) Then I used a buttonhole stitch to join the three hearts together, and well as french knots on the light pink layer.   I stamped the "With all my heart" stamp both in the background, as well as on the small white felt heart, which was cut with one of the Heartprints dies.


I hope you enjoyed these cards, and have fun playing with your new sets if you've received them. Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment