Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Couple cards to share today

Hello! I have a couple cards to share with you today. The first one is one of those cards you'd rather not have to make - a sympathy card. I remember though, when my mom & dad died 5 years ago, the many cards I received from friends meant so much. So I am glad to give back a portion of that to others that are suffering a loss.

 I pulled out the new Stitched Sentiments set for this card. I just love the vine wreath images - I've used them on several cards already. And this friend is a fellow quilter, so I know she will appreciate the embroidery hoop. The one thing I was not pleased with was the embossing job on the metal screw thing on the hoop - seems the embossing powder went places it was not supposed to go. But I'm sure she will not notice that. Next time I will use my embossing bag thing to make sure the powder only goes on the Versamark ink. I used PTI rustic cream cardstock with a color scheme of WInter Wisteria and Spring Moss. The hoop is stamped with Dark Chocolate ink. I also used the Filigree border die with some WW patterned paper.

 This card is for my grandson's 5 month birthday. He weighed only 2.5 lbs. when born, and is now up to almost 10 lbs. He is a joy! I send both him and my granddaughter a "birthday" card every month. I used Paper Smooches "A Little Loving" stamp set, as well as PTI Matt Stack 3 and the banner from Stitched Sentiments. I embossed the background with the PTI By the Numbers Impression plate. The little border on the bottom is from and Echo Park 6x6 paper pad. I used one of the hearts from the Heart 2 Heart series by PTI to circle the #5.
Thanks for looking! Hope you have a blessed day! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the soothing colours you chose for the Sympathy card Susan, and like you, I really like that vine stamp. What a great idea to send a birthday card each month - I never heard of that idea before, and this one is so cute. Have a great 2013.

    ReplyDelete