Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Papertrey Make It Monday #115: Beyond Paper with Impression Plates

Hello! I am participating in Papertrey's Make It Monday #115, which is all about impressing an image onto some form of media OTHER than cardstock. You can read all about the challenge over on Nicole's blog here. I have been thinking what in the world I could impress and suddenly I remembered that I had tried using an impression plate on the acetate our stamps come on before. So I pulled a sheet of it out of my stash (yes, I save them just for occasions like this!). I could not get much of an impression with any of the PTI impression plates I own, so I tried the Cuttlebug polkadot embossing folder - it always gives a nice deep impression. And it worked! Now, how to incorporate it onto my card...

I decided to use the Birthday Styles stamp set and overlay the balloons with the clear acetate to give them a glossy feel. It turned out alright, but next time, I think I would die cut the acetate with the balloon die instead of hand cutting it. I guess it's good to learn from your mistakes. :)
So here's my card:
It looks ok, I guess. I used Select white cardstock, pure poppy, berry sorbet, hibiscus burst, sweet blush and harvest gold inks with the Birthday Style stamp set. Hope you like it! 

3 comments:

  1. I love your balloons! What a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and festive card, Susan. Did not know those plastic things that the stamps come on could be impressed! So clever.

    ReplyDelete