Friday, April 10, 2015

Card Quilting

Hello! I had some time to play today and thought I'd pull out Papertrey's Quilted: Spring set, designed by Betsy Veldman. The first thing I did was to cut the quilted square out of some Spring Rain patterned paper. I then glued the frame to a piece of white cardstock and stamped the quilting lines - also in Spring Rain. I loved the way the quilted lines turned out so much, that I decided to use the larger quilting stamp to create a background for my quilt square. I was amazed at how it turned out! Just like whole cloth quilt! I almost didn't want to cover it up with the quilted square. I also used the tiny little quilted flower stamp to stamp the centers of the quilting, rotating it 180 degrees and stamping it again to create the centers. Here is a picture of just the quilted background and the sentiment.
 I decided to go ahead and pop up the quilted square on the front. I just love the result! I guess I need to play with this set some more and see what I can come up with! This will be a birthday card for a dear friend that I quilt with. She will appreciate the "quilting" on it. :)
Hope you are having a fantastic day! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love this stamp set! Your background is fabulous! What a wonderful card! :)

    ReplyDelete