Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Vintage Linens and Nostalgic Notions Cards

Hello! I am back again to share some of the cards I've made over the summer. Today, I'd like to share some cards I've made with two similar sets from Papertrey. I purchased the Nostalgic Notions Make It Market Kit by Betsy Veldman, and then the Vintage Linens stamp set and dies, designed by Dawn McVey. Both remind me of the vintage linens I collect at antique shows. They remind me of simpler times when aprons were worn in the kitchen and the table was set with pretty tablecloths and cloth napkins.

So here are a few of the cards I've made so far with these sets - some use the patterned paper that matches.
First up: Nostalgic Notions Make It Market Kit.
 On this card, I used The Plaid Builder set to make the stitched background. I was going for a quilted look. I used the WaltzingMouse Scalloped stitched rectangles dies to cut my focal point out of some of the Nostalgic Notions (NN) patterned paper. Sentiment is from Keep It Simple: Thinking of You.
 I created the background using stamps in the NN set. Used the WMS Stitched Rectangles and Scalloped Stitched Rectangles for the focal point. Sentiment is from the NN stamp set.
 And this one uses some of the NN patterned paper, the Plaid Builder set again for the quilted lines, and the NN dies for the flowers and the scallop.
I'm not crazy about this one. Washi tape at the top, then two of the NN scalloped borders, and some of the NN buttons. I tried and tried to stamp my own buttons on the die cuts, but just couldn't line them up. These are from the patterned paper. The dies cut them perfectly.

Next up are some cards using Vintage Linens. This set really reminds me of the NN stamp set. Love the old timey look of the flowers!
 Masked off the sentiment area and stamped the background. Used Graceful Greetings for the sentiment.
 Tried heat embossing outlines of flowers with white embossing powder, then coloring them with Zig markers like Dawn McVey did on her blog, not crazy about my results. used VL patterned paper.

Used some of the Vintage Linens patterned paper here.

Thanks for sticking with me to the end. Just a few miscellaneous cards left to post in a couple days. Hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment