Saturday, January 21, 2017

Papertrey Make it Monday #272: Masked Heart Wreaths

Hello! Thanks for stopping by! Melissa Phillips shared a great tutorial over on Nicole Heady's blog here about using a mask to create a heart shaped wreath. I just loved this idea and couldn't wait to try it out. My heart shaped wreath was made using a mask created with the Limitless :ayers Hearts. I chose to work with the scalloped edge one. The stamps I used to stamp over the mask to create the wreath were flowers and leaves from Bitty Bouquets, and swirly shapes from Embellishments. I cut the bottom edge with a scalloped edge die to mimic the scallops in the heart. The sentiments are also from these two sets.
I loved the results! So I decided to try out this technique with another shape. I used one of the butterflies in Beautiful Butterflies to cut out the mask, and then several of the smallest butterflies in the set, as well as flourishes from Embellishments to stamp around the mask. The sentiment is from Embellishments also. I really love this one too!
Such a fun and easy technique! Thanks for sharing it Melissa! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are gorgeous, Susan! I'm eager to try some other shapes using this technique as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Susan! Love the heart, so beautiful in those colors and all the stamps. But so glad someone did the butterfly! And you used teesy butterflies... genius! And beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...love your heart wreath card, but oh my, the butterfly card is just GORGEOUS! I think I need to go try one of those...thanks for the inspiration!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the addition of the Embellishments stamp! Adds just the right touch and is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Embellishments addition. Looked for the stamp but can't find one named 'Embellishments'. Is there more to the name? - Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Embellishments stamp set is in the Vault now.

      Delete