Monday, April 2, 2012

2012 Easter cards for the Grandchildren

Hello! I had such fun creating Easter cards for my grandchildren this year! I thought I'd share them with you.

First up is the card I made for Lucas, our 9 year old grandson. I found it was harder to make an Easter card for a 9 year old that wasn't too girly, or too childish. I decided to use the new Seeing Stars stamp set from Papertrey Ink, as well as one of the sentiments from Movers and Shakers Sentiments. I also used the double ended banner die and the new stars border die. it isn;t real Eastery on the outside, but the inside message is an Easter one.
The next card is for my 7 month old granddaughter Chloe. I try to make her a birthday card each month (for the first year). This was her first Easter card. The stamp I used on her card was a Tilda stamp from Magnolia. I love coloring these with my copics. I used Flower Soft on the tummy and bottom of her foot. I used the computer generated tutorial on Make-it-Monday #59 by Erin Lincoln to make the sentiment on the top of the card. I cut it out with a Spellbinders banner die. I also used PTI white cardstock, and Happy Spots patterned paper. The ovals were cutout with Spellbinders Labels #10 dies. The ribbon is an Offray ribbon from an outlet near me.
The last Easter card is really a tag, it's for my yet unborn grandchild. The baby will be born in September. I do not know the sex yet, so I left the tag gender neutral. I used the  Friendship Jar stamp set and Tag Sale #3 from Papertrey, as well as some copics to color the image in. Again, the ribbon is from the Offray outlet.
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment