Sunday, August 19, 2012

A couple new cards

Hello! I've been randomly pulling out some of my older sets and making cards with them. I found myself getting in a rut where I would buy new sets, use them for a month or so, then file them away and play with the newer sets. Not only can that get expensive, but all those great sets I've had for awhile just sit there unloved. So with Autumn approaching, and all the new Papertrey autumn and Halloween sets coming out in August, I thought I would pull out a few of my older sets and try to use them instead of buying new ones. So this first card is made using the $5 set Simple Sunflower. I have found this set to be so versatile - it's great for summer cards, and works nicely for fall ones too. I just love the idea someone had on the PTI forum to stamp it in red for a poinsettia too - brilliant. I love it when you get alot of mileage out of a $5 set!
The sentiment is from the PTI set "Falling Leaves". I used PTI Vintage Cream and Orange Zest cardstock, and PTI ink Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate and Simply Chartreuse. I sewed around the edges and slipped a piece of gold ribbon in the top right corner for balance.

This next card uses a couple sets that came out a few months ago. I didn't buy the On the Farm stamps, but I did get the animals dies.
I used PTI sets Happy Hexagons, Background Basics Farm & Barn (LOVE that chicken wire!) and a My Favorite Things set for the sentiment - "My Favorite Sentiments". I really like to distress the edges of my card layers with PTI Tea Dye Duo ink cubes - I just love the antique look it gives them. :)
That's all from me today! Hope you have a great week - thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Susan these are both wonderful cards. The stitching around the sunflowers adds great detail. Love those hexagons too.

    ReplyDelete