Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Papertrey Make-It-Monday #79 - Fabric Die Cuts - Card Two

Hello! I really enjoyed using die cuts to cut out fabric on my first MIM#79 card, so I decided to try again. I used the same packet of charm squares as in my first card, but changed the colors up some. This time I used the Rosey Posey die cuts. I wasn't sure how it would look to stamp over top of the fabric with the stamps, but I really like how they turned out! The only thing I'd like to improve on is to figure out how to stop the fabric from fraying. Even when the die cuts all the way through, the edges still tend to fray. I guess that's ok to some extent, since it is fabric. So here's my second attempt.
I also used the Perfect Patches dies to cut out a patch of coordinating fabric and stitched it to the card. I popped up the roses with foam tape and bent up the leaves on the ends for dimension. I also used the Guide Lines Grid impression plate on the background. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment