Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Papertrey Make-It-Monday #79: Fabric Die Cuts

Hello! I had time to make a card to participate in the Papertrey Make-It-Monday #79 Challenge. You can read all about it on Nicole's blog here. Basically, you glue a piece of fabric to cardstock and then use your dies to cut out shapes. The cardstock stabilizes the fabric. I decided to use one of my favorite dies - the Hexagon cover plate to cut out some hexagons. I had a bit of trouble getting the shapes to cut through, even with using the metal shim and running it through three times. I guess I should have run it through a few more times, because when I cut Beautiful Blooms die cuts, they cut through beautifully. Anyway, I ended up having to snip here and there with my scissors to get the hexagons out. I made a whole card front of the hexagons, so I will have some for other cards too. I used a white hexagon cover plate frame over top of the fabric hexagons - this helped cover up some of the frayed edges of the hexagons. I used the new Thanks Always PTI set for the sentiment, and the Giga impression plate for the base. The fabric charm square pack I used was from Moda - "Vintage Modern" by Bonnie & Camille. I just pulled these charm squares out of my quilting stash. :)


Thanks Melissa for such a fun video - now I know what to do with my quilting scraps!

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the BIG sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to try this technique with the fabric too, but I was already having a hard time with the flowers I die cut! This is beautiful, congrats on the shout out from Nichole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful results. Love the white accents

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so sweet! This card is just darling and I love the fun fabric touches...it adds so much character and texture!
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card! Love your design & colors!

    ReplyDelete