Friday, February 8, 2013

Papertrey Ink 6th Anniversary - Day Four contest - card 1

Hello! I hope you are having a good day today! There has been so much excitement over at the Papertrey forum over all the 6th anniversary announcements being made on Nicole's blog here. Today, the fourth day of sneek peeks, Nicole announced that the remaining 11 flowers in the Year Of Flowers Series would have matching dies released on the 15th! I know alot of people are very excited about this announcement. I only have four of the monthly flowers, as well as the YOF Collection set. I know these dies will come in really handy to make some beautiful cards. :)

The contest for today is to make a card using one of the sets in this series. The first card I made uses the YOF Roses set. The rose is probably one of my favorite flowers and I really enjoyed watercoloring this one! I used watercolor paper, embossed the rose with white embossing powder, and colored it in with watercolors. I mounted the watercolor design on berry sorbet cardstock and then again onto white cardstock. Once it was dry, I sprayed Tattered Angels mist over it to add some sparkle and shine. I can't wait to give this out for a wedding card!



1 comment: