Saturday, August 24, 2013

Papertrey SAF 2013 Tea Dye Technique


SAF-2013-LogoHello! I am back with another entry in the tea dye technique challenge. I tea dyed some muslin and cut it with my Beautiful Blooms Dyes as well as some vinatge lace and burlap. I made a flower similar to Melissa Phillps' flower. I put the flower on a kraft card base stamped with Mini Blooms clusters with Classic Kraft ink. I thought the card needed a little something else, so I ties some twine around it. This twine, which I got at PaperSource, has a nice sparkle thread running through it.
Here is my card:
 
I also wanted to share with you one of my favorite things in my stamping workspace. I was looking for a way to store my ever growing stash of twine. I found this old Coca-Cola crate at an antique market and thought it might work for my PTI felt, but decided against that because it was kind of in rough shape. But the other day a thought came to me to use it for my twine. Wouldn't you know it, I had the exact number of twine spools to fit it! Extra bigger spools are kept on top, and a few sampler cards of twine are propped on the side of it. One of the neat things is that I can walk over to it and just pull out the amount of twine I need and cut it off and take it back to my desk. I really love looking at it too. Hope it gives you ideas!


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love the neutral card design. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...love the rich color you achieved!

    ReplyDelete