Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Grandchildren Cards and More Hugs

Hello! I have a couple cards to share that are for my grandchildren. The first one is for my granddaughter's 2nd birthday, which is next week. All my grandchildren love shaker cards, so I made her one for her birthday using Sweet and Treats by W Plus9, and Papertrey's smaller By the Numbers dies. I filled the shaker with some of my hoarded Shakers and Sprinkles sprinkles.
This next card is cut out with my Cameo using some Lettering Delights cut files "Frogs and Kisses". It's for my little 4 month old grandson. I send them all cards every month for their monthly birthdays until age 2, then I usually just send them for holidays and other special events.
Two more Hug cards before I go - just can't stop using that set! I've been cutting the Hugs words out of foam and gluing them to the back of the cardstock die for more depth. It's quicker than cutting out several from cardstock and them gluing them all together. I colored the words with copics in an ombre pattern - love how this adds so much to the word!


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love all these ,Susan! Having the 2's all around the shaker card is. Great idea and look! Adorable frog and I love the hug cards. So did you use the fun foam on this shaker.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Marybeth - I used two layers for depth. I kept finding one layer (even of the foam tape) was not deep enough and my shaker elements kept getting stuck. This worked perfect!

      Delete