Friday, January 30, 2015

Lots of Blocks

Hello! I have been playing around with Papertrey's Block Party stamp set and dies. I hesitated in December when they were released, and wasn't able to get them again until mid-January. I knew this would be a versatile set for me since I make a lot of cards for my grandchildren. When I started looking at other stamps I could pair with this set, I was drawn to Tiny Treats. And lo and behold, the images fit very nicely with the blocks!
 Funny thing about the tag above on the left, I cut out the dies before I cut them apart, not thinking that they had nested some of the shapes inside of others. That's how I ended up with the blue block and yellow block with shapes cut out of them.

  The tag above on the right uses a Mama Elephant stamp set "Tiny Heroes" for the images and the sentiment.


The above tag uses both Tiny and Tremendous Treats images. Sentiment is from Block Party.
I also played around with arranging the blocks to make other shapes - so far I have come up with a heart and a boat.
 The tags below don't use Block Party at all, but I thought I would include them here. They are tags I made for my granddaughter's strawberry themed party. They use images from Tiny Treats and Strawberry Patch.

2 comments:

  1. Delightful tags!
    Time to break down and replace my die cutting machine, since I got these sets as well.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Little Mabel

    ReplyDelete