Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Hills with Winter House

Hello! Papertrey is coming out with the Spring version of Autumn and Winter Hills stamp sets in a couple days. I have both these sets, and thought I'd pull them out and see if I could make them look "Springy" on a card. I'm trying to figure out if I need another one of the set. I used the house in Winter Hills because it didn't have any Winter images around it (the Autumn house has pumpkins on the front steps). I used the tree from Autumn Hills because it looked like the new leaves coming out on the trees. I used Simply Chartreuse patterned paper for the hills (cut with the ITM dies), and the double ended banner for the sentiment, which is from Love Lives Here. I like how it turned out, but I still think I'll get the Spring set (I love the sheep!)

 This envelope was inspired by a couple inspiration photos Danielle Flanders put up on the Papertrey Forum. I thought I'd give it a try for the outside of an envelope for a baby shower gift. I'm sure the Papertrey DT could do a MUCH better job, but I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'm sure I'll be trying it again. Thanks for the inspiration Danielle! I used Mini Blooms and the banner from the Stitched Sentiments stamp set. Colors used were Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst and Pure Poppy for the banner and flowers, Limeade Ice and Simply Chartreuse for the leaves.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. these are both lovely but the second one speaks to me big time. gorgeous

    ReplyDelete