Sunday, March 31, 2013

The true meaning of Easter


Although I have spent many hours preparing for this Easter, in the way of decorations and gifts for my grandchildren, never has the real meaning of Easter left my mind and my heart. I want, more than anything else this Easter, for my grandchildren to know that I love them and that Jesus loves them even more! Amidst all the bunnies, carrots and things I made them, the most important thing was the message I wrote in each of their Easter cards. Hopefully, these are the things they will read one day when they are older, and ask me or their moms what they mean. I  told them that on Easter, we celebrate what Jesus did for us on the cross, and how much Jesus loves them.


We have been blessed to watch the most unusual mini series this month on the History Channel - entitled "The Bible". I wasn't sure what to expect of this series - so many of today's shows - even ones on this same History channel, are full of bad words and unspeakable horror. I can't imagine letting my children watch many of them. But to my joy, this series on the Bible stayed pretty close to the story line of the Bible. We watched the conclusion this evening - the story of the crucifixion - and I pray that God will use it's truth to bring many people to Himself. So many people have been reported tuning in to this story this past month - probably trying to find some hope in this messed up world. I pray that they will find that hope in Jesus - our Messiah and Savior. His story is true. He lives! Praise the Lord for what He has done!

Here is a clip from the minis series. If you did not get a chance to see it, I believe it goes on sale this week. What a wonderful witnessing tool it would be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D2BbDQuHPUw

The word art above is a free pdf offered by Peppermint Creative  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment