Sunday, April 7, 2013

Playing with my stamps!

Hello! I've had fun this past week playing with my stamps and making random cards. I've also had some time to play with my Silhouette Cameo and my new sketch pens. I thought I'd share some of the fruit of my labor with you.

This card uses Papertrey Embroidered Blooms and BB: Postmarks as well as one of the Fillable Frames dies. Inks used were Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet (seems like I use a lot of that combination lately), Kraft and Versafine Black Onyx (my go to black). Cardstock is PTI Rustic Cream and Winter Wisteria. After making this card, I made another one using Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides inks.
 This card uses a W9 set called Ever After. It was stamped with PTI Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss Inks, ties with some hand dyed seam binding, and mounted on Berry Sorbet cardstock by PTI.
 This card uses the Friends Till the End stamp set by PTI, varieous copic markers, and some stickles, as well as Memento black ink.
 These cards were a fun experimentation with Papertrey's Damask Designs. I got this set from a friend recently, and this is the first time I've had time to try it out. After stamping the various backgrounds in Ocean Tides ink by PTI, I impressed them with the Damask Designs impression plate. Unfortunately, you really can't see the impression in this photo, but it is a nice subtle touch IRL.
 This card was sketched by my Silhouette Cameo using a red Silhouette sketch pen. It is a Silhouette design I purchased from the Silhouette Online store  called 'flower" by Rivka Wilkins. I colored it in with a light pink copic marker. I need to find more of these sketch designs - I love to watch the pen sketch it out!
 This scrapbook layout was the result of an online Silhouette class I took from Keri Bradford on the Jessica Sprague website here. The name of the class is "Silhouette: Oh the Places You Will Go!" I highly recommend Keri's classes on the Silhouette if you own one - I learned alot more about the possibilities of my machine with this class and the Designer Edition 1 class.
 This card was made using a Hero Arts clear stamp set Poppies. I stamped it with Memento black ink and  colored it with Copic markers. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Mini Blooms set.

Thanks for sticking with me through this long post! I think I'm up-to-date now. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lot of fun playing, and you certainly created some stunners. I love the idea of just crafting to play--almost sounds like a hobby more than a job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what beautiful projects! I really love your scrapbook layout-- I need to use my Silhouette more often!

    ReplyDelete