Sunday, April 14, 2013

Zoo Mini-book

Hello! I went with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters to a small local zoo last week. I wanted to put some of the pictures in a little mini album for the girls to look at so they can remember the day. Actually, one of the girls is 18 months, and the other is only 2 months - don't think the little one will have any memories of it. I designed the word book in my Silhouette software that came with my Silhouette Cameo machine. I recently took a class on the Designer Edition of this software, taught by Keri Bradford online. It was an excellent class and taught me alot about what all this software can do. Not only did I design the cutting files to cut out the "ZOO" pages, but I designed the layout of the pages - which really helped to know how big to print the pictures and what all would fit on each page. Here is a screen shot of the layouts in Silhouette Studio.
 I cut each of the "ZOO" pages out of thin chipboard with the Cameo. I had the pictures printed to the size I needed at Costco. I did a print and cut for several of the titles with the Cameo. I added little captions to most of the pictures with little MFT file tabs and in my own handwriting. The "Adventure" and "Fun" stamps are from a My Favorite Things Stamp set "Document it - Hello My Name Is". I punched 3 holes on the left of each page and used some zebra print ribbon (can't believe I actually found a use for it!) to tie the pages together. Here are some photos of the album. It's only three pages long, but front and back of each. But that should be enough for the attention span of a 18 month old. :)

Here is the whole booklet. The front cover  (Z page front) is me and my granddaughter looking at a zebra while we were on a hayride around the property. The "Memories" mat was cut with my Silhouette.

This next page is the back of the "Z" page. It has a picture  of three sheep waiting to be fed by anyone that passes by. They really knew when you had food in your hand! I cut the little "Remember" mat with my Silhouette.
This next page is the front of the first "O" page. It has pictures of my daughter and granddaughter, and a cow with HUGE horns. It wasn't a normal cow - I forget the actual name of it. 
 The next page is the back of the first "O" page. It has pictures of two camels on our hayride and my granddaughter feeding some of the sheep in the barn.
The front of the last "O" page has pictures of my granddaughter and her daddy, an ostrich and a picture of my new baby granddaughter. We had to keep her pretty covered up because it was a hot sunny day.
And the back cover - the back of the last "O" page - has pictures of my daughter's family, me and my granddaughter and a colorful parrot. Again, the "Love You" mat was cut with my Silhouette.
I really enjoyed making this book for them! I always hate giving them away though! It was a fun day!
Hope you enjoyed it - have you made any mini-albums?

No comments:

Post a Comment