Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Emma's Quilt

Hello! I have been working on a baby quilt for a dear friend of mine that is going to have a baby girl in early May. I made a quilt for her daughter Jesse when she was born also - that's been 6-7 years now. Jesse's quilt had Holly Hobby type girls embroidered on it with the days of the week. I thought I would do something similar for her little sister Emma's quilt. I embroidered 12 different designs from a Martha Pullen Embroidery CD titled "Antique Bonnet Babies". I have an embroidery machine that I used for these blocks. They are all little girls in pairs, if not threes, doing all kinds of little girl things.  I used a line of Moda fabric called "Kissing Booth" for all the prints in the quilt. I didn't use any particular pattern for this quilt - it just kind of evolved as I went along. The quilt is backed with soft baby flannel. Here are some pictures of the quilt. The embroideries are a little hard to see in the main picture - you can see them better in the closeups.The finished quilt is about 45" square. All it is waiting for now is for little Emma to be born so I can make the label for the back. :)






Thanks for looking at this quilt! I hope her mama Tara likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment