Saturday, November 8, 2014

Baby Bootie Moccasins

Hello! I wanted to share a pair of leather baby bootie moccasins I made this week with the Papertrey Baby Bootie dies. There was a question on the Papertrey forum about cutting leather with the stitching dies, and I happened to have some thin leather on hand and I thought I would give it a try. The leather - which was very thin - cut beautifully with the dies. I thought I would use the fringe version of the bootie, but did not take the time to watch Erin's video on the assembly of the fringe. So of course I put them on wrong! But it worked out ok, because it gave me a surface to do some beading on. Now I'm not much of a beader - it was hard trying to get them lined up! - but I took a stab at it anyway. The leather puckered up a bit more than the felt around the bottom edges because it is so thin. I tried to use bright colors for the floss and the beads, similar to what I've seen in other moccasins. Not sure I would really use these on a baby other than a quick photo shoot - they are very delicate. But I was pleased with how they turned out.





Hope you enjoy them! On to another challenge.... :)

1 comment: