Morning Make-n-Take Challenge Read about it here.
Knots Badge - Ribbon Techniques. I chose to make Melissa Phillips's knot leaves. They were super easy! Thanks Melissa! Read more about the challenge here.
Memory Preservation - Mini Books. I love to make mini books, so this challenge was exciting for me. I tried out Betsy's Card Basics book first, and totally screwed it up - LOL! So I tried Ashley's envelope mini book next. I still made a few mistakes, but was able to cover them up with Washi tape. :) I've seen so many people on the Inklist that have FINISHED mini books! I am amazed! It takes me forever to think one out and execute it. So all I have done so far is to put the base of the book together. So here are some pictures of the envelope book: Read more details about the challenge here.
Next up was the Craft Conservation challenge - using a limited and specific set of items in your card. You can read more about this challenge here. Here is my take on it.
Next up is the Friendship challenge - the beaded bracelets. I was excited and apprehensive about his one. I received the die and paper in my SAF tote bag and was excited to learn how to make these beads. But I was apprehensive because I did not want to start collecting jewelry making things in addition to all my papercrafts. It turned out that I did not buy the proper size beads to go with the paper beads, so I was a little disappointed in that. But I think I'm going to think up other ways to use this paper and dies so I don't have to start making jewelry. Maybe I'll just make up some beads and have one of my jewelry making friends make it into something for me. :)
The Rainbow Challenge was next. I wasn't crazy about the first two techniques, but the shaving cream one sounded like fun. So me and two other ladies jumped in. I was amazed at the designs produced with the shaving cream and re-inkers. I used two old Stampin Up reinkers for the project - Old Olive and Bermuda Bay. After the papers were dry (I made three A2 size papers from one batch), I used different die cuts to cut out custom embellishments. I cut out butterflies, numbers and flowers. Here is a card I made using those embellishments. I think it is kind of fun! The only thing that worries me is whether the smell of shaving cream will go away. Not sure what someone will think if they open up a card and it smells like shaving cream!
Camp Card Set Challenge This challenge was to create a set of cards and package them pretty packaging. There were several really cute options presented in videos. I chose to do the technique Jess Witty presented. I had a hard time getting the butterfly to emboss on the card front where I wanted it, so I decided to cut out the butterfly instead and back it with some of the PTI patterned paper. I didn't have any glassine bags, so I used vellum envelopes instead. I am really happy with the results - I especially like the little butterfly stickers included in the package! Thanks gang - for such great ideas!
This is the set of four cards and the smaller envelope with the butterfly stickers.
The final challenge I was able to complete was the DIY challenge. It involved making homemade embellishments. I chose to make badges similar to Heather's. I used a buttonhole stitch around the outside instead of the running stitch and used die cuts from Bitty Baby Blessings for the centers. I am expecting a grandson in September and I think these will look cute on his packages. :)
I was also able to make Melissa Phillip's little felt bows as embellishments. These are so cute!
Thanks for looking at all my projects! I learned alot of new things during the Stamp-a-faire. I hope to put these new ideas and techniques to use in my papercrafting soon. Thanks to Papertrey for an AWESOME event!