Monday, July 16, 2012

Wedding and 50th Anniversary cards

Hello! I have two cards to share with you today. The first card is for a wedding for a very special couple from our church. Josh and Allisa were married on July 5th, 2012 on a VERY HOT day. It was an outside wedding at a vineyard in Virginia. Although I did not attend the wedding, I wanted to give the couple something special to celebrate their union. Here is what I came up with:

The white background paper was from PaperSource - I've had it in my stash a long time, waiting for a special occasion. I used the following Papertrey supplies: Filigree Border die, Love and Marriage stamp set, and white cardstock. The heart on the ribbon is from Melissa Frances.

 I packaged the card in a Papertrey stamp box, and made a belly band with the couple's names on it - printed on the computer. On the inside of the card is a Papertrey seed packet cut out of vellum and embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder, containing a gift card. I was pleased with how this came out!

The second card was for a friend of mine who was celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary with her husband. I liked this wedding card so much, that I thought I would do something similar for her. Here is what I came up with for Julia & Raymond:
For this card, the background was from a patterned paper pack from Webster pages - Sunday Picnic and Everyday Poetry. I cut the 50 using Papertrey By the Numbers dies and some glitter paper from Michaels. The sentiment is from the Half and Half Set by Papertrey. The heart is from Melissa Frances, and the doily die cut is from a Spellbinder's Lacey Doily die. 
Again, I packaged this card in a Papertrey stamp box and made a custom belly band for the box. I included a gift card enclosure inside the card using the Papertrey Seed Packet envelope die with vellum. 

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment