Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines for my grandchildren

Hello! I wanted to share the Valentines I made for my grandchildren today. I am also entering them in the Special Delivery contest at Papertrey. We were to "go all out" and design and card and matching ennvelope that would not have to be mailed, but hand delivered. I got the idea and directions for these valentines on Marybeth's blog here. I just LOVED her card with shamrocks, and I thought these would make great Valentines for my grandkids. They took alot of work though. Here is the envelope I made for each of the cards, but in colors that matched the cards (blue for Will's, pink for Chloe's and this purple one for Sohpie's.


I started with my grandson Will's card. I tried not to make it too girly - it's more geared to blues. I chose to use cut files from Lettering Delights for the little Scotty dogs. The name of the collection is "Great Scott It's Love". You can find it here. I used some of the Tremendous Treats stamps on some of the panels, as well as my Wonderful Words "Love" die. I've used the heck out of that die lately!
 Front of the card. I cut the sentiment out on my Silhouette Cameo. Doggie is cut and paper pieced using SIlhouette. Hearts are PTI diecuts cut out of American Crafts POW glitter paper (love that stuff!).
 One of the back panels. Love die and hearts diecuts from PTI.
 When you open up the card and stand it up, here's what you see. I did a print and cut of the little doggies here because they were so small. Stitched heart on back panel is PTI with sentiment from TT:Valentine.
 Here you can see the other panels that flap open when you stand it up. The heart, circle and Love die are PTI.
 From the side.

Next up is my two granddaughter's cards - very similar to Will's, but Chloe's is pink, Sophie's is purple, and I used different cut files - pink one is from different owls I've collected from the Silhouette store, and the purple one uses the Lettering Delights "Hello There" collection.
 Front of Sophie's card. Sweetheart sentiment from Silhouette store, "You make my heart smile" is from PTI Framed Out series. Rest from LD "Hello There" collection.
 Stitched heart from PTI.

 Deer is cut and paper pieced using my Silhouette.
 View of the inside. Again, several different die cuts and sentiments from PTI on the flaps.
 View from the side.

 This is Chloe's card front. She loves owls.
 Word block from Silhouette store.
 Inside of card. Lots of owls and PTI on the flaps again.

From the side.

And lastly, a card for my 11 year old grandson. I thought he would like something a little less childish, so I made him a basketball card, since he is a great basketball player!
 Front of card. Basketball and hoop from Silhouette store and cut on my Silhouette. Banner from PTI Banner Day set, and letters from Simple Alphabet. I used some orange paper with raised polka dots on the basketball for a neat texture.
 I left the bottom of the net free.
This banner is from W Plus 9 - Written on Ribbon set. Sentiment written by me.

Hope you've enjoyed all my creations! Thanks so much to Marybeth for her inspiration and the links to the tutorials to make the pop-up cards.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, these are keepsakes! Your grandchildren will love them, and you for making them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan--these caught my eye in the link up and I had to see more. These are absolutely fantastic. Way more than a card, and your grandkids will absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful - what a nice surprise for the grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally cute! and very clever! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete