Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New Papertrey Goodies!

Hello! I have been playing with my new Papertrey goodies this week. I wanted to share some of the cards I've made and some of the observations I've made.
 This card was made using the new Building Blocks stamp set. Lesson I learned from this card: draw lines to make sure you get everything straight. It looks ok from a distance, but would look alot better if I'd taken the time to be precise.
 This card uses the new Text Block:Birthday die by Lizzie Jones. I decided to go tone on tone, and used Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal paper. I cut my diagonal striped background with my Silhouette. Papertrey released three different coverplates this month - a diagonal one, a horizontal one (see below) and a vertical one. I challenged myself to figure out how to cut these on my Silhouette instead of spending the money on the coverplates. Once I had the measurements, it was pretty simple to design my own. I am happy with the horizontal and vertical cuts, but the diagonal one is a little rough on the sharp points. I'm not sure if that's because I was using PTI's thick cardstock or what. I need to try it on a thinner cardstock.
 This card uses my vertical cut file for the background, and a pretty PaperSource paper called Rhubarb, mounted on a PTI Rustic Cream card base. Also used a quote from Melissa Francis. Again, I used Building Blocks for the sentiment.

This card uses my horizontal cut file for the background, and again uses the Rhubarb PS paper, mounted on a PTI Lavender Moon card base. The flowers are from the new PTI 2013 Anniversary set, "Bold Bouquet". Sentiment from Building Blocks again - so many great sentiments in that set!

This last card is my favorite. I pulled out Turning a New Leaf and paired it with the new PTI Button Stacks dies. Let me say i.just.love.these.button.dies! They make great buttons, hairclip decorations and FLOWERS! The little flower in the background is from Bold Bouquet. I stamped the leaves in New Leaf and Limeade Ice, and the little flowers in Aqua Mist with Hawaiian Shores centers.

And my favorite way to use the Button Stacks dies is with the Clever Barrette covers by PTI! These barrettes were made for my little 2 1/2 year old granddaughter. So fun!

Thanks for sticking with me on all these photos. I probably ought to blog them more often, but I have been too busy having fun making them! Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment