Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spicy Spiral Table Runner

Hello! I took a class at my quilt guild last Thursday to make a spiral table runner.

The project used a technique called Bargello. I had seen Bargello quilts before, and thought they were amazing, but had never tried the technique. That's mostly the reason I took this class. Our homework for the class was to sew 4 strip sets of 8 different fabrics, light to dark, of varying widths specified in the pattern. Once we got to class, we used a special 10 degree ruler to cut our strip sets into different length wedges, which were specified in the pattern. Then it was a matter of sewing the wedges together, which was really just sewing straight seams. The class started at 10:30 a.m., and I was done with the table runner top by 1:30 p.m. It is 42 inches by 25 inches. I spent today putting the backing and batting on, and quilting it. I am really happy with it, and ready to start on another!

Thanks for looking! Hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment