Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 Calendars

Hello! Happy New Year! Wow! It's been a LONG time since I've updated the blog. I've been so busy making things for Christmas. I wish I had taken more pictures of them, but alot were done at the last minute. I made a Dr. Suess activity book for my grandson, a hair bow hanger and bows for one granddaughter, and a clutch ball for the other granddaughter. Plus ornaments - both woven and etched for friends, card sets for friends and all our Christmas cards. I'm not going to lie - I'm glad it's all over - I can finally devote some time to making things for no reason.

I still plan to make monthly birthday cards for my three little grandchildren, and send occasional cards to my older grandson. Also birthday cards for my friends and relatives. Today I spent some time trying out some new calendar stamps - Let's Make a Date - from Amber at Damask Love. I ordered these a short time before Christmas as soon as I saw them on her blog, because I knew they would sell out quickly. They are so versatile! There are seven monthly calendar stamps, each starting on a different day of the week. You just match up the stamp with the corresponding month's first day. I used Papertrey's Year of Flower Collection on each month also. I used my pastels to quickly color the flowers in - it adds a shimmer to each. :)



The clear case I used is 3.75" x 3.75" and is from www.calendar-case.com.
They have cases in many different sizes. This is a nice size for sitting out on your counter top or desk.
I will try to be better about taking pictures and blogging about my projects this year. Thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment