Thursday, January 23, 2014

Papertrey Feathers!

Hello! I wanted to share a couple cards I made using one of Papertrey's newest stamp sets - Feather Finery. I had held off on purchasing any feather sets from other companies, waiting for Papertrey to come out with it's own version. I am so glad that I did! The detail Nicole achieved with this set is just amazing - and beautiful!
 I stamped the feather die cuts on this card using Royal Velvet and Winter Wisteria inks. I swiped the edges of the feathers and the card with VersaMagic Purple Hydrangea and Spring peony chalk inks. I hate to use chalk inks directly on my clear stamps because they stain so much, so it's nice to use the teardrop pads to swipe the edges of things.

 I'm not real crazy about the watercolor craze going on right now in cardmaking, so I came up with this more "controlled" method. I used the negative diecut of the feather die as a mask, and then swiped the chalk inks mentioned above all over the exposed area. Then I stamped the feather directly over the chalked area. I like the soft effect of this method and the fact that the paper doesn't curl. Then I added a little sparkle with some glitter. :)
 Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did - it's a great set!

No comments:

Post a Comment