Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sophie's Birthday Banner

Hello! My granddaughter Sophie is turning one at the end of this month, and her mom has been busy planning her birthday party. With a winter birthday, Katie has decided to have a winter theme - snowflakes - and will have a hot chocolate bar and smore bar, as well as other desserts. I offered to make a banner for the birthday and wanted to share a few pictures. I used this banner we pinned on pinterest as my inspiration. Here is what I came up with using my Silhouette Cameo.



 Martha Stewart chunky glitter on the letters.
 Vellum snowflakes on the end pieces and underneath each letter.
 A smaller Happy 1st Birthday banner to hang above it.
 And of course, she had to have a birthday hat! Sophie's dress is cram and gold, so I went with those colors for her hat.  I used a hat template from the Silhouette store, and stamped it with a Flourish set from Waltzingmouse, and then heat embossed it with gold. The trim and flowers are from Melissa Francis.

 I am also making little cocoa cup decorations, and maybe labels for the toppings. It's going to be a fun party! happy Birthday my dear Sweet Sophie! Gramma loves you very much!





2 comments:

  1. Susan this banner is gorgeous with the glittered letters and gorgeous papers. Love the adorable hat ! Happy Birthday to sweet Sophie! She is lucky to have you for a gramma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marybeth! As you well know, it's fun to make things for the grandkids! :)

      Delete