Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Some catching up with my card posts

Hello! I haven't had time to blog lately, but I have been making cards. I thought I would share some of them with you today on this snowy day in Virginia.

This is a birthday card I made for my daughter. I used a new set from W9 - Sweets and Treats. This set is full of cupcakes with different toppings and bottoms, plus a couple cupcake stands. I recently purchased this set from my local stamping store in Reston, VA. The set has dies to match, but they were out of stock, so I have them on order. Love this set! Such cherry cupcakes! Happy Birthday Kelly!


 This card uses two other new W9 sets I purchased from the same store in Reston, VA. I have been having fun playing with my new goodies! The sets are Coming Up Roses, and Written on Ribbon. Both sets have matching dies, which makes the whole process so much easier! The ribbon set has a bunch of little sentiments that fit nicely on the ribbon. I need to go through my Papertrey stamps and see what other sentiments I have that fit on it. The rose and leaf stamps are two step images.

 This is a birthday shaker card for my littest granddaughter's first birthday. I used a cupcake image from the Framed Out set by Waltzingmouse. I made this card before I purchased the W9 Sweets and Treats set, and I'm not totally satisfied with it - I may remake it using the W9 cupcakes. I totally cased this card from Marybeth Lopez. I just love everything she makes!


 This card, and the next one, use a fun technique using diecuts. You die cut an image from the card front, in my case a bike die from Memory Box here, and a Hello sentiment from Papertrey next, and then cut the same sentiment out a few other times (I cut it out 3 times from heavyweight cardstock). Then you glue the cardstock diecuts together, and top them with the patterned paper diecut. Then you just glue it back in place. I just love the raised effect of this duecut technique! It is such a simple technique, yet kind of time consuming. Think about gluing those tiny spokes on top of one another! It's addicting though - I just love looking at these cards from different angles. The diecuts really pop from the side!


 Thanks for taking the time to look at what I've been up to lately! Hope you are having a great day, and staying warm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment