Monday, January 6, 2014

January Brithday card for Chloe

Hello!
My Silhouette Cameo is my new favorite tool for creating cards for my grandchildren. There are so many cute characters to cut out for the cards that add more dimension that just a stamped image. Now, don't get me wrong, I still love my Papertrey stamps, but I'm really liking the cuteness of some of the Lettering Delights images I've purchased lately.

I would like to share a birthday card I created for my granddaughter's 28 month birthday. I send all three of my little grandchildren cards each month on their monthly birthdays. This card was made using a cut file from Lettering Delights called Winter Wear Bunny. There were alot of teeny tiny cuts on the bunny's sweater and around his earmuffs. I think if I did it again, I would probably do the bunny as a print and cut and add him to the card already printed. But the layers do add interest to the card.


The background is a patterned paper from the LD Winter Wear set as well. I did a print and cut of it for my card front, using a dashed line around the edge to add detail. The tag and sentiment are from Papertrey's Tiny Tags set and dies. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment